Chronicle from my .NET journey from 1.1 to the new 2.0 and beyond plus whatever items I choose to log. No one is going to read this anyway.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Setting up VS2005

I decided to put the Beta on a VPC image. I choose a old XP1 image,. First I remove the old versions of VS, then loaded SP2 plus all the Security Updates. (I am not sure if I should have installed Yukon. I just left my old Sql Server 2000 in there...oh well). Finally after all that was done I was ready!, I clicked on the setup, chose the tools, I left out J# and C++ and continued. Let Microsoft get the info from my setup experience, and let it rip. It was 1:00 AM , so wimp that I am I let it run all night long (all night)...at 6:30 my dog Lizzie. woke me up. after I let her outside...I eagerly went to my laptop to see what happened (it felt like Christmas morning), at first got the message that It wanted the J# redistributable package (?), after I clicked so the package is removed I was warned that it would be great If I installed Office with Project SP something something...I guess I will get to it at some point. My "user experience" file was sent to Microsoft. I wonder who looks at those things. and then I was ready to go...